How some people advance...
...is beyond me..

My boss (heirarchy goes: me, supervisor, manager, boss) built this web
server a couple years ago when he was a lowly manager (my lowly
manager, to be specific). Well, the old boss left (he's on the team -
get this - helping to outsource everything), and the
builder-of-non-standard-servers is now the boss.

So today, the webserver he built that runs a pretty (ok, VERY)
critical website over here started to slowly (and then
catastrophically) die. My team is now in charge of this critical
website (the original programmer knew what a clusterfuck it was and
got out as quickly as possible, now my team holds the torch) that is
housed on the non-standard server, and after it catastrophically
failed today, we learned the following:

It has a bad hard drive (making for a compromised RAID array), bad NIC
(teamed with a good one), and a likely compromised registry. There was
one other big one... oh yeah - low available disk space.

The boss (who is, since he built it, still responsible for the
hardware) of course now wants the website moved off said shitty
server.

And guess whose job that is!

Weeeeee!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home