Outsourced!
So, a couple weeks (months?) ago, we were notified in a meeting that the company was working with bidders to outsource our worldwide IT operations (an umbrella I would fall under). After asking further questions, we were reassured that the company wasn't expecting to decide on a vendor (came down to IBM, HP, and CSC) until March at the earliest, and that even then it would be a drawn-out, two year
minimum process.

Well, this afternoon all of Chicago's IT was "invited" to a mandatory meeting, and "No contractors" were allowed (emphasis NOT mine).

One bit of hearsay floating around: they've chosen a vendor, some IT staff will be laid off, and the rest of us will be offered minimum two-year contracts to continue at the company (working with the vendor?).

I'm glad I've kept my move to Houston in July quiet. Hopefully they don't read blogs. :)

I'll keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home