S.M.A.R.T. Objectives?
OK, so even though pretty much the only people that read this will be my friends and family, here's some background.

I work at a big, multi-national bank in Chicago.

Revealing, no? Anyway, the point is, I just got my year-end review, based around what some genius calls the S.M.A.R.T. Objectives (Specific, Measurable, Agreed, Realistic, and Time bound). Whatever.

In the interest of full disclosure, here's what the review's closing statement said:

"Mark is a great talent and a fantastic worker. His industriousness and determination are matchless, and his focus has not wavered since he became an officer.
Suggestions for improvement: There are occasions when it is frustrating to defend Mark to the business, because he can be quick to outrage but then (after he has been defended) only slightly less quick to adopt a more conciliatory tone. I am happy to defend Mark because I have faith in his work, but I need reassurance that defense is warranted. (Certainly, if I am too eager to defend, then I am complicit in this offense.)"


OK. So I have a good supervisor who knows how to get his employees bonuses and raises. And I'm the first to admit I didn't come near excelling at work this year, but quite a lot of that was due to working on some asshat's pet project that the company continues to burn money on.

He does very eagerly defend me, though. He loves to argue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home