TiVo problem part 2 (See what I'm talking about)
OK, I've officially posted to the TivoCommunity forums to try and figure this problem out.. The only think I've thought of today that I didn't check was the connection type the Router is using, but it MUST be DHCP over TCP/IP, otherwise the computer wouldn't have worked. And I can ping the TiVo's USB dongle... I'm totally stumped..

Another ,#401 thread - TiVo Community Forum: "I successfully hooked up my Series2 at home, and love it so much have been recommending to everyone. I talked a friend into getting the same for XMas, no phone line, no problem, I say.

Well, I spent all night last night trying to get them working to no avail. They got one of the new 'nite light' silver TiVos (40-hr Series 2), I had them pick up a Linksys USB200M (on TiVo's officially 'approved' list), but the ,#401 dialling prefix didn't work. Tried with different options ('cable', 'antenna'), tried both USB ports, tried rebooting cable modem (computer works fine), router, and tivo. Tried switching cables... Removed the comma from the ',#401', tried all kinds of combinations of all these and still nothing!

I ended up bringing the dang thing home in the hopes of getting it to work (or trying the USB-Ethernet dongle on my Tivo and forcing an update) to see if it works that way.

What am I overlooking? Has anyone else had an experience like this?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home