Cars...
While I don't believe many of us need cars (especially the city-dwellers among us), and I really don't think people need to drive them as much as they do (a block to get a cup of coffee, to work when public transport is available, etc..), they do have their strengths (convenience when carrying many heavy things long distances, etc).

Anyway, I dropped off Dana's car today at Joseph Auto Service at Pulaski and Fullerton. There's been a recurring THUMPy sound and a pull to the right with each rotation of the passenger-side front wheel. Concerning. So, we were going to bring it in saturday, but like a responsible guy I called first to see if they could take it, and they said they couldn't until today (Monday) at 7am. I get there at 7 sharp, and, of course, the place is dark. So I sit in the car for 20 minutes and a dude pulls in, so I pull in the garage behind him. I explain what the problem is (thinking it's drivetrain or alignment related), and he says it's probably just the tire.

Hopefully, it IS just the tire. What a relief that would be! I guess we'll see, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hutch said...

It's probably a broken steel belt inside the tire. Fairly common, not truly harmful, but not too good for the tire or the car to drive on it.

posted at 8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home