Happy New Year!
Well, this past weekend a handful of us headed up to lovely and scenic Wausau Wisconsin to ring in the new year and go to Granite Peak, formerly known as Rib Mountain (and actually ON Rib Mountain national park). Anyway, not as horribly icy as one would expect. The second day was far from terriffic, to be sure, but the groomers were out all night, I guess, and chopped up the layer of ice over everything else quite sufficiently.

As I was hoping, the weekend also helped put in focus for me just how out of shape I am (those damn holidays), and how before I head to Park City, UT early next month, I have to get in some good conditioning. So today, I dropped $50 I don't have on this program, which will not only help with cycling but I think with areas much used in snowboarding as well.

Now I have to talk to the gym across the street from work about a payment plan (please, please let me use a payment plan) so I can pack a lunch (saves money!) and swim/lift/whatever during lunch instead of sitting around reading magazines.

And tonight, I get on the trainer for the first time since last year. It's overdue, to be sure.

We'll see how I do. If this blog becomes more of a workout journal than it has been recently, don't be too surprised. But I will try to keep it interesting otherwise as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home