How did YOU get to work today? (See what I'm talking about)
So, I wasn't going to do it, but I woke up with my roommate's alarm (again) this morning, and couldn't fall back asleep. (he typically gets up - rather, his alarm first goes off - about two hours before mine)

So after lying in bed for an hour, I decided to get up. The weather said it wasn't too bad out (20s-30s w/ chance of a light dusting), so I hopped in the shower and said "what the hell".

It's a good thing I didn't look outside before getting ready, or I never would have done it. It snowed the whole way, and I couldn't imagine having more fun getting to work if I tried. Today was Chicago's Annual "Winter Bike to Work Day", in honor of the coldest day recorded in Chicago's history. You can read about it here.

I got some pics I'll be posting later, and a guy from CBF was there taking pictures of me as well. I'll keep my eyes open for that too.

SO MUCH FUN! Why did I ever stop riding in to work? I felt just like a kid today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I'm going to miss snow SO MUCH in Houston...

posted at 10:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a pic that you took?! Good for you! You should have let me known earlier and I would have given it a shot! :)

posted at 11:51 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Reply to Anonymous: how could I have let you know if you don't tell me who you are?

And no. No, I stole that pic from BikeWinter.org. I'll put my (3) pics up after I get home tonight.

posted at 11:53 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops - guess I should have put my name there, ehh?

-Pablo

posted at 12:39 PM

 
Blogger Hutch said...

Hiding behind the veil of anonymity, Pablo?!?!? Fitz, I love it! Play in the snow as much as possible!

posted at 1:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home