OK, I'll post...
So I decided during a meeting this morning to begin tallying what my
buddy says while we're in meetings together. See, he REALLY likes
words that end in "-ly". Our mutual friends may not notice it so much
spending time with him, but one at work stands out: "Feasibly". Often,
there's crossover between his work and home vocabulary, so I invite
those who know him to add their own counts to otherwise boring
conversations.

Today's meeting tally:

  • Feasibly: 6.5*

  • Basically: 6

  • Technically: 2**

  • Literally: 2



I should explain that I tally the use of these words when they're not
quite the appropriate word choice. (eg. I don't count "Technically" if
he's, say, explaining what something is technically capable of.

* the .5 is because he started to say it at one point
in the meeting, but stopped himself.
** Nevermind, I explained this above.


This is quite possibly going to become a regular feature. Enjoy!

Note:I considered also tallying up his grammar errors ("him and me,"
etc.), but had to pay attention at least part of the meeting.

--
work to eat - eat to live - live to ride - ride to work!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - let me guess... this is your way to see if dave reads your blog?! :)

posted at 2:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i could do something like this with one of my friends at work. He says aesthetically non stop. Also, his favorite way to describe a marketing theme is by saying "it's going to be really cool" and then leave. cracks me up every time.

-garrett

posted at 8:14 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Funny thing I just realized: I used the word "tally" or some variation thereof at least three times in that post. Now that could feasibly be considered funny.

posted at 10:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home