Side projects
Yes, dear, I AM working on the wedding site. But that's hard to do at work when the only thing I have to do right now is translate what's on our Save-the-Date card and put it on our wedding website.

Since I can't hide that kind of work while at work, I have decided instead to find another way to enhance our website, and make it more of a destination for our friends. So I decided to see how I could change the default templates for Picasa so they are more accessible (and customizable), better fitting my needs. I found that by doing it with XML. See, instead of using one of their default templates (which are, admittedly, pretty lame when compared with the awesome pictures we take), I can create my own updatable template by learning how the hell to parse an XML document and display the info hidden therein.

I'll upload my progress so far when I get home (remember, I can't FTP from work).

The examples will be here (first effort) and here (second effort).

Note: these are not yet up, and are just technology "proofs of concept". Criticism will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hutch said...

I still see nothing on markanddana.com!

posted at 9:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just about to give Hutch a hard time about his blog - but lo and behold he has updated!

Picasa XML stuff looks great!

posted at 7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home