Evilpartment, pt. 3
Wow. OK, I know there was never an official part two, and I had a GREAT rant composed perfectly as I lay shivering in bed this morning, but all creative inspiration has been sucked out my ears now that I'm at work.

So I'll do my best. Overnight, our heat went out for the third time this winter. The *best* part is, they were just over to "fix" it on Wednesday. Yes, our heat worked for a grand total of ONE WHOLE FUCKING DAY. Congratu-fucking-lations, LG. You've reached a new all-time record for the shittiest rental company ever.

You know, I've had a lot of time in the cold, huddled up with my teddy bear to analyze what, exactly, it is about the people who own my apartment that makes them so special. It's not that a year and a half after the fact, they're bringing up painful memories to the families of the people their shitty contractors killed by having the city actually SUE people who SURVIVED the porch collapse that, I have no doubt (though this is, of course, only my opinion) it's entirely their fault for hiring sub-par contractors and bribing city officials. (what? Chicago officials dirty? I don't believe it!)

It's just that I finally realized the motivating factor, here. Sure, call me naive for actually thinking otherwise, but these people rent houses because they LOVE MONEY. They don't give two shits about the actual PEOPLE who live in their apartments (which explains why they tried to EVICT us after we refused to pay rent when they literally tore the roof off our building.

Sigh. This is no good. At least when I move to Houston, I won't have to worry about the heat going out. We could sleep with the windows open and fans on year round...

(almost certainly to be continued...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home