Wedding Registry Ideas (See what I'm talking about)
So as most of you probably know (OK, who am I kidding, the only people that read this are my friends anyway - you all know this), I'm getting married at the end of June.

...no, you're not invited...

So the fiancee and I are busy trying to do all the wedding-prep stuff, including, of course, registering for gifts. The problem is, if you register at TOO many places, you look like greedy bastards. If you don't register at enough places, you look like schmucks who don't want any gifts (or want, say, only cookware). I wish we could just make an Amazon wishlist. Or, for that matter, a ThinkGeek wishlist... Sigh.

But I want one of these. :)

We have, however, been registering for one joke item at each place. Too bad the Squirrel-shaped pinecone Christmas ornament from Crate and Barrel was discontinued. The best, I think, is at Williams-Sonoma: we registered for a welcome mat with (soon-to-be) our last name's first initial on it. What could be more welcoming than a mat that just says "F"? :)

(and for the record: Yes, I know we CAN just make an Amazon wishlist, but our mothers would have a litter of kittens at the impropriety of doing such a thing. And so it goes.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you *could* make one for friends and .. um.. select family

posted at 6:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home