Interesting commute
Yeah, totally forgot about this (must have blocked it out). A woman on the el today totally just came in and used it as a toilet. Like, during rush hour.

I think I'm going to be sitting on the El less often now. It was totally obvious. Someone got up to let her sit down next to the window, then sat down next to her. Thirty seconds later, got up and walked to the other side of the car (which I noted only because it was rather odd behaviour). Then, like a minute later, I smelled it. Everyone around smelled it. The lady holding her scarf up to her nose, the people unfortunate enough to be sitting in front of her.

I wasn't sure, but all was confirmed when she got up and left later. The guy in the seat in front of where she had been turned around and then back VERY quickly with a telling look on his face. I did the eye contact thing and shook my head slightly in disbelief. Sure enough, there was a little puddle on the ground where her feet had been.

Just... awesome. I should have noted the car number, but I was just excited to get off the damn train. A block later and I had completely forgotten about it.. Strange how that happens.

Big city livin!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Hmm--I was once looking out the window of my apartment at the playground across the street, it was summertime, middle of the day. This lady just walks over in between two of the parked cars and pops a squat. Didn't even really try to be discrete about it. Then wipes with a tissue and just throws that in the street too. Where do these people come from?

posted at 12:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

be glad 1)it was just a puddle 2)there was no nudity involved 3)no hysterics on her part

chicago seems so quaint sometimes.

posted at 9:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home