Raining Evilpartment
So, last night was spent cleaning my apartment. When I left for work (late) yesterday morning, there were two big rolls of the tar-paper that roofers use to, well, roof, on the back steps of our place, and I knew then that we were in for it.
See, in September, they tore the roof off of our (loft) Evilpartment, and all kinds of debris and shit came raining down on everything we own. It was AWESOME. But totally worthwhile. Since they replaced the roof, we've only had, like FOUR LEAKS. Definitely an improvement, as our apartment had only leaked twice BEFORE they "fixed" the roof.

Oh, and did I mention that they didn't tell us they were going to make our apartment unlivable until the day before they started tearing the roof off? Yeah, that was pretty cool too.

So anyway, yesterday I see that there are roofers there getting ready to set up a trampoline and jump up and down above my bed for a few hours, so I knew we were in for it. When I got home, all suspicions were confirmed, and all my bedding is once again off to the laundry. But at least they offered to clean them for me - pay my cleaning bill - apologize. Oh wait, no, that's right, they shrugged their shoulders, turned, and walked away from us. Right, yeah, that's right. That's what they did.

So, I revert to "Angry College Mark", turn on Nine Inch Nails really loud, and begin to go through the routine of removing everything from my room, sweeping multiple times, vacuuming after that, and mopping a couple times after that.
By this point, Mikey had come home and was scared of "Angry Mark", so I turned the music down and talked to him and his recently returned girlfriend, MC.

After calming down, I took a break, went to Burrito House and got a quesadilla and some chips and guac, and some beer from across the street.
I enjoyed my dinner while watching 24, then went back to putting my room back together. It's mostly back together now. At least there isn't shit all over anymore.
Sigh.

My new mantra: "Three more months.." "Three more months.."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might I add that:
1. We will be back in court Thurs if they do not agree to end the lease. Either that, or they get the flaming bag of recycled burrito house.

2. My 'recently returned' girlfriend means back from vacation, not returned from her other boyfriend, Steven Tyler.

posted at 12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home