This weekend...
This weekend wasn't nearly as productive as I had hoped, but I did to all my laundry (some still piled up since the Park City trip - blech!), I was able to do most of the dishes (though food remnants in the dishwasher remained, creating mini food-sculptures on the glassware, again, despite my re-washing of many dishes. Mikey - wrinse off the dishes first!).

Made some great coffee Saturday morning, cleaned up the TV room (partly - Mikey got back from Spring Training much earlier than I expected so I didn't have a chance to get my full clean on). It was, by some freak of nature, over 60 degrees out yesterday, so I went out on the fixie and had some delicious burgers for dinner. MMMmm. MEAT.

Hutch is back in town, and though he's been here all weekend he has yet to clean up the Skyline dip that is, at this time, probably close to a month old.

I also realized that my desk is, in fact made of wood, and sorted and filed all the bills and reciepts and various other paper-goods that had been piling up atop it, revealing again it's true nature.

Saturday night we had dinner at my parents' place with the priest who will marry Dana and I, and I got "pressure" from my dad on the ride home about having a full Mass again. I'm sorry, but if you don't understand that I'm not going to take Communion even if there is a full Mass, and that the GROOM not taking Communion at mass MIGHT stand out a bit, then it's time for another smack upside the head. To his credit, the priest has brought it up and GENTLY suggested I reconsider. My father could use a lesson in subtlety.

You're not changing my mind, you're just pissing me off. I'd really like to ENJOY my wedding, and the consolation I made was HAVING IN A CHURCH AT ALL.

Blah. OK, off to work. I had to work from home for an hour this morning doing some troubleshooting, so my coffee intake was delayed and I am therefore a moody bitch right now. But tonight, BBQ and $2 PBR at Horseshoe, our newly-found "Texas bar" just down the street. Can you really beat 10oz. of PBR for $2? No, I didn't think so.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 oz of pbr is better

posted at 9:58 AM

 
Blogger Dana said...

Actually, they are 2 DOLLAR PBR POUNDERS!!! 16 ounces of cold lovin'.

posted at 8:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home