Unlocking my phone... (See what I'm talking about)
Yes, I just rec'd it today, but I really don't want to be bound to a single carrier/country/whatever anymore and am sick of the restrictions that are imposed (even though I switched providers to get a new phone, pretty much).

Regardless, the inner geek in me felt the need to unlock my phone and truly make it MINE, so here goes. I just finished d/ling the software (at the link above).

Following the directions on the page, I get these results:

I leave the default "Nokia" and "DCT4 (expert only)" selected. Enter the IMEI, select "U.S.A.", and "CINGULAR - Pacific Bell Wireless", then press "Calculate"... It comes up with codes, but no friendly pop-up modal like in the picture on the webpage, then I realize they have only entered the IMEI.

Starting over...

OK, just entering the IMEI tells me that the MMC+MNC is invalid (it remains blank and grayed out). Kill program, double-check IMEI and re-enter. Same as second try above.

Alright, let's repeat the way I did it the first time (kill and restart program).

You know what, forget this for now. I have to do more research, and it's sure as shit not happening here at work. I'll follow-up later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>You know what, forget this for now. I have to do >more research, and it's sure as shit not happening >here at work. I'll follow-up later.

what else is work for?

posted at 1:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home