70-miler (See what I'm talking about)
Went on a short ride Saturday (a little short of 30 on Saturday with Matt, Crea, Hutch and Bally), but the big one was the 70-miler Fas and I did Sunday, from my parents' house to Bally's in Grayslake and back (map to the right is not really indicative of the route we took). It ended up being just a shade under 68, actually, so we rode around for another two miles to make it a nice, round 70.

Yes, I'm aware that 68 is a round number.

These big rides (and more to come) are basically to prepare me for the Udder Century, planned for several weeks from now (which reminds me, I have to register still), all leading up to the 24 Hour Challenge the weekend before my wedding (my bib number: 207).

If I had to do a century yesterday, I could have, but we lucked out as the 15mph winds were only against us the first half.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES -- RIDE... RIDE LIKE THE LIGHTNING

posted at 3:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoulda stopped at 68 and owed you one.

posted at 7:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home