Xbox 360: big letdown. (See what I'm talking about)

While I didn't watch last night's MTV "special unveiling" (it's TiVoed for later perusal), I was able to catch a couple synopses of the event online, including this one from Gizmodo, helpfully telling us what the new Xbox is not.

It's NOT a PVR, it's a media streaming device (so if I have pictures or a movie on my PC, I can play it on TV via the Xbox, but that's it). No TV recording. No DVD burning, and especially, no iPod-killing MP3 player (but the removable 20GB hard drive is a reality - what purpose it will serve remains to be seen).

Oh well. We'll have to wait a week for E3 until the Sony unveiling, and the two can duke it out for my money. Plenty of time to decide.

Besides, I still need my PSP first. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home