Things left to do...
OK, so the wedding is 10 days from now. That's not so bad. What's really getting at me is the damn move, two or three days later.

So, here's a list of what I have to do before getting married and moving across the country, 10-12 days from now:


  • Update my address with the bank

  • Update my address for work Update: will also have to notify work of my change in marital status after arriving in Houston

  • Schedule a hitch install for D's car (1/2 wedding present) Not necessary anymore. We won't be driving her car.

  • Try out Hutch's bike rack to make sure it WORKS on the hitch Again, not necessary. See above.

  • Order the bike rack for D (other 1/2 wedding present) Ditto above.

  • Finish updating our wedding website

  • Start writing Thank You cards for wedding gifts

  • Figure out the detailed schedule for the wedding weekend

  • Confirm with tux rental place that they haven't massively messed up our order Nope. Only mostly partly messed up.

  • Finalize the ceremony

  • Write my vows

  • Ride as far as I can over a 24-hour period. Addition: pack and prep for this event. Done. 157.9 miles in 10.5 hours

  • Finish a brand-new, untested program for work before next week. This is as good as it's going to get!

  • Meet with the photographer

  • Give the band our detailed schedule and finish paying them That was a big check

  • Pay everyone else

  • PACK

  • Re-pack gifts that came straight from the store (As opposed to being shipped), since they're not packed well enough for a cross-country move.

  • Switch my renters' insurance

  • Cancel cable modem, return to Cocmast

  • Balance my checkbook (ha!)

  • See if we can get our confirmed rental truck one day early (right!) Nope! Closed Sundays!

  • Find a driver for our truck (fun!) Found: me!

  • Get everything we need for the ceremony (candles, coins, etc). At least we have the rings already!

  • Pay the stationers

  • Get a haircut

  • More packing

  • And, as everyone is so keen to tell me, Have fun! I'll have fun when there's nothing left on this list. In fact, maybe I'll update it as I get things done.


2 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

At least your list doesn't include "Get eyebrows done--Sat. 1 pm"! (Or does it?)

posted at 6:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The unibrow is the key to one's heart.

posted at 8:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home