Updates...
OK, so things have been a bit lacking in the posts arena lately. No kidding. BUT, I did finally update my and Dana's site, with a splash page at least, and our new snail-mail address so you people can stop emailing and asking us for it. :)

There's also a link on there for our old wedding website (neatly tucked away for your convenience), and D and I are currently in the discussion phase of what we want to do with our site - we're thinking about a community blog, and I'm thinking about the best way to implement one.

I'm also using the site to update my HTML/CSS skillz, as I very possibly may be out of a job in the near future. I'll need some stuff online to show people that I actually know what I'm doing, you know?

In other news, D and I went for a ride last weekend on my birthday (her back was bothering her too much so future rides together will be cut in half in distance until she gets it fixed). D took a trip to the Social Security office to officially change her name - in about 14 days she'll have her new Social Security card, and from there everything else trickles down - credit cards, loans, drivers license and passport (D - don't forget we have to get you a new passport!).

Working from home is going pretty well, but to be honest it can be difficult to concentrate at times. The whiteboard that we bought and installed in the office is actually very useful, though - a visual reminder of things I've yet to do. Too bad we have books stacked up like crazy just beneath it (picture) - makes it a little hard to get to.

Most of our wedding bills are paid off, our proofs from the photographer should be on the way soon, along with a link on our website to her pictures, so keep checking - they should be up there any day now (as soon as I hear from her, they'll go up).
That's about it. Our first confirmed visitors (D and K) will be following me home from Chicago in August (the next time I'm in town to work).

Let me know if you have any ideas for our website - anything you'd like to see. I'm going to (again, building the skillz, you see) create an XML/XSL viewer for our online pictures to make that easier - probably integrated with some ASP (.NET?) action for auto-discovery of new XML files, so that once uploaded everything just works. That's all any of us want anyway, isn't it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Hutch said...

What's with all this organization?!?!?

posted at 9:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home