DIY Digital camera fixes (See what I'm talking about)
So, as a part of what happened this weekend, we didn't take many pictures. The current state of our digital camera is such that taking pictures is actually quite the chore, and asking others to do so is next to impossible. So, after uploading the SIX pics I took this weekend, I decided to search for a new shutter button for our Canon S500 (the button ran away and currently resides somewhere in Ireland).

I've asked camera shops about repairs before, but they tell me that they have to send it to Canon, a service for which they're charged a minimum of $150. For a button, that's kind of pricey, methinks.

So I found these two sites today. The two options look the same to me, so I sent off an email to the place selling the part for half of what the other one is. I'll keep you up to date on any progres.. At the very least, I'll be able to add "digital camera servicing" to my resume when this little project is complete.

In other news, my bike came in to the shop Saturday. But with our guests this weekend and the shop being closed Sunday and Monday, my fit and delivery will have to wait until tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you use a ball marker from golf?

posted at 11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home