Mmmm. Dinner
If I ever get our website up and running in as complete a way as I want, I'll add a sidebar feature (more for us than for you, really) that helps us (me) keep track of dinners we've made. How difficult they are to make, how good they come out, etc.

Since we got here, I've been looking for a good seafood place (fishmonger) and butcher shop. Well, yesterday we found our fishmonger. (D and I agree that "fishmonger" is a WAY-underused term)

Had some swordfish steaks - not too big, 2x 1/2" steaks that came in at about 7oz. each - and I prepared a recipe from a grilling cookbook that Dana's mom gave her/us a long time ago (when I was no longer with grill). SO easy to make. SO tasty. So anyway, I would give the "Swordfish with balsamic butter" or whatever recipe a 2/10 for difficulty (I had to improvise a double-boiler, but that's about as hard as it got), a 2/10 for prep time, and probably a 7/10 for taste. Next time around (mental note), we'll use less butter, and cook the balsamic vinegar down so it's more concentrated. The fish took about 3-4 minutes on each side, and was (thankfully) done perfectly. And the only ingredient we didn't have was the fish! All it took otherwise was balsamic vinegar, butter, olive oil and salt and pepper! Yum!

Note: I totally just realized that the female equivalent of a fishmonger is fishwife. Awesome.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

1. I would give the swordfish an 8.5/10. I thought it was outstanding.

2. Based on the second definition of "fishwife" that was listed, I hope I am never referred to as such.

Yea! Keep on cookin'!

posted at 12:10 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

You guys are weird.

posted at 6:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a horoscope book once said that a good job for me would be that of fishmonger.

ahh the life of a pisces

posted at 5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home