New bike!
OK, so I did get that done yesterday, at least. Brought my pedals in as well, and the shop went ahead and threw those on for me (and threw in two bottles as well, how swell!).

So today (at least, before Saturday's inaugural ride), I have to get the computer on. And bottle cages, and take off the damn reflectors. Honestly, I don't understand why they're bound by law to sell bikes with reflectors. And does anyone really need that many stickers on their bike? Seriously - on the insde of the fork, on the seatpost, bottom bracket, downtube, seattube - there are big obnoxious yellow stickers everywhere...

What else? While I'm screwing around on it I probably SHOULD install the cadence sensor as well, but that's such a long, ugly wire... I'll consider it, anyway. She's living inside now (doesn't have a name. Come to think of it the only bike I have with a "name" is the Moto, only because that was a pretty easy one to come up with).

Still have to get my drugs. will probably leave here when I'm done with work to get that script filled - especially because last night I ran out of my NON prescription meds as well, and today I'm a sneezy, whimpering mess.

We spent a while dialling in my position on the bike yesterday, and I can honestly say I already feel a difference - notably that I'm farther away from the pedals and bars than I used to be. The stem is pretty long (and lower than I'm used to), but I told the shop I'd give it a try for a while to see if I could get used to it - the stem has four separate positions (well, for the angle anyway), but it is pretty long and may need to be swapped for a shorter one.

It'll take some getting used to - any new bike will - but I'm liking it so far..

Also on my to-do list: grocery shopping (with guests here this weekend that never happened on Sunday, as it usually does), book my next flight to Chicago (actually, flying into Indy to head down to the alma mater for Homecoming before my work week in Chicago immediately following), and mail that stuff to Scott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home