Ride this weekend...

So D and I were out for some beers at our new favorite bar in town on Saturday night, and I ran into what was quite obviously a cyclist on his way back from a ride (still wearing his spandex, cycling shoes, etc). He was obviously alone, so I asked how his ride was. We got to talking (he was alone and latched on to us, sadly - he was kind of a big tool), but I was able to pick his brain about routes in the area. I asked him where I could find some hills (above see the profile of the ride that I generated today - 2,077 feet of climbing!). I guess he was telling me the truth.

Feeling better today about my "performance" yesterday. I felt pretty sluggish, but this does make me feel a little better about myself.

Eventually I'll get a lot of these maps (or try, anyway) on one of the domains I have registered - likely cyclingstats.com.

Right now I'm playing with Google Maps (got my developer API!), so if you're interested in any progress I may (or may not) be making, you can check that out at www.cyclingsoft.com/gmaps.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where'd you generate the tompo map from again?

posted at 11:55 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Sut - Topo map generated with DeLorme's TopoUSA (we'll call it a wedding gift to myself).

Hutch - you're just jealous!

posted at 1:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this before or after Dana fell off the unusually small sidewalks?

posted at 10:04 PM

 
Blogger Dana said...

This was before. :( Damn narrow sidewalks--I thought everything was bigger in Texas!

posted at 8:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home