WARN notice (See what I'm talking about)
Aah, google images. Always happy to put a smile on your face when searching for something else entirely. Like "pink slip". What can you do? I found plenty of more appropriate images, but this one just makes me smile (and on so many different levels).

So I was told earlier (after I made my bike pick-up appointment) that we would have a meeting this afternoon about our imminent outsourcing to IBM. Drat! I have to get more information about being laid off instead of picking up my bike. Some exchange.

Basically, it was a 15-minute info session telling us that on Friday the company will be sending out "WARN Notices", some federally-mandated notice that you're going to be laid off, basically. WARN, of course, stand for "Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification". They make it sound so pleasant.

As of now, all bets are off whether or not I'll actually be able to maintain my current job, working remotely from Houston for my employer in Chicago. Apparently, the jerks STILL haven't signed a contract. Oh well. Rest assured, you'll hear about it here if I am still employed or not.

More info about WARN here and here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hutch said...

Pix like that may help cushion the blow of the pink slip.

posted at 11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home