While waiting...
OK, so I must have recompiled this app at work about a dozen times in as many minutes last night, but one simple change this morning and it takes a half hour to finish. So, while I wait, I'll update the blog (since nobody else this week seems to be taking the time).

So yesterday I couldn't really escape the cage because of problems at work, and also because of said problems, we weren't able to really go grocery shopping or out to dinner, so we went and picked up some wraps at a local chain deli. Today, however, I have other plans. After I finish blogging this, I'll call the bike shop and set up a time to come for my new bike. (though getting there BY bike and somehow bringing two home may be a bit of a challenge. Perhaps I'll just garage my fixie there until later in the evening).

...still compiling...

Anyway, on our trip to Galveston this weekend I picked up a pretty sweet gift for Scott, only because I saw it and immediately thought of him (or did Dana? I think it was her, actually). I also stole something from my sister's room the last time I was in Chicago to mail to him, so I'll try to do that at lunch today. We're also out of coffee (don't worry - got my fix this morning), and so need some of that, and since the only food we have is pantry-stuff (mac and cheese, rice, etc), I'll be heading out for lunch today. Oh, and I haven't had my drugs for a few days now, and, as with every time I undertake this experiment, I am paying the price. I like to stop taking them every now and then to see if I really need them. I guess I do. (The Good Doctor argues with this method, but I've been kind of sub rosa about the lack of drugs lately).

Off the bike for a couple weeks now, and with the trip to Chicago interrupting my home workout routine, then with our guests in this past weekend, I am feeling like a blob. I must get exercize.

OK, I'm going to quit the compiler and restart (again). Wish me luck (in all my endeavors. I'll probably get about 15% of all mentioned actually done today).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh compiling.

here's a little yarn for you about last night.

call from client at 9am "i need some thin done today before i leave for burning man tomorrow, is that cool? are you free today? great, i'll email you the changes to the mixer in an hour or so" (making it ~12 that I expect the email)

5pm, email arrives. i finish it by 7, get out to rehearsal. get another email, "need these changes for a different version." I call, explain i can get to it in a few hours.

~1030pm, i start working again, make a new version, send it off. at 12 he gets back to me "some elements aren't loading properly, and it's not mapping correctly." sigh.

so i check my code, build a new version, send it off.

more problems.

and again
and again.

until 330 am we go back and forth over IM(!!) debugging.

some of the more helpful comments : "it's not working, the colors.. they're... all wrong."

there were libraries he had on his computer before that were now missing, there were synchronization problems, all sorts of things that sucked wind.

but, i prevailed.

long story short : next year, im making sure he takes me to burning man with him so I can debug there ;)

posted at 10:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also, if i may...

your home workout guy's page misspells "competitive" repeatedly

posted at 2:08 PM

 
Blogger Hutch said...

Yeah, supposedly with my "stronger coding background," I've now been assigned to write a script to take a directory structure and re-organize/move it into another directory structure. I haven't touched a programming language since the first time I lived in Chicago! I think I have some reading to do....

posted at 2:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home