Why not?
I'm in the neighborhood anyway, right?

I called the Houston Red Cross earlier to see if there were any volunteer needs (there are, of course). Apparenly, a "volunteer cooridnator" is going to be giving me a call back. When the phone bank operator asked if I had any special skills (doctor, nurse), I should have said I was married to a doctor, but instead said I had "computer skills". Man, if you don't want to have to lift heavy things, just say you have "computer skills". I bet I'm stuck at a desk. :)

At the very least, it'll provide some good blogging fodder, right?

And just in case I've picked up any Houston-area readers (yeah, right), the local Red Cross hotline number is (713)313-6727. I guess this is a temporary phone bank they set up specifically for the Katrina hurricane relief.

Oh, and I'm scheduled to go to an official Red Cross orientation session next Thursday.

-M

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Founder of the Red Cross--Clara Barton. Graduate of the coolest elementary school in Fargo, ND, Clara Barton Elementary--Dana Fitzgerald. Rock on.

posted at 8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home