Houston Homearound town before Rita (See what I'm talking about)
59 S at Edloe, Houston, TX. 9/22/05Here are my pictures from the bike outing I just took this afternoon. I guess I'm not surprised at the number of people that were still out and about, but some parts of town really looked abandoned.

There's really nothing inherently interesting about them, but after Rita comes through, if I can get back to the bayous in time to take some comparison shots it should be very interesting.

All the pictures of our home were taken yesterday. All lawn furniture, birdhouses, etc were taken down and put away today. I'll bring the camera along if D and I go into the Village tonight and take some snaps along the way, so hopefully you can get an idea of how empty the place really is (though I'm sure the bars will be HOPPING. They already were when I went by at 5-ish).

OK, I really have to get in the shower. I stunk before my 1.5 hour bike ride in the 100 degree heat.

To sum up: ALL IS WELL IN HOUSTON. I did notice a wind from the South, but by the time Rita hits NE of Galveston (or, for Dave and Keri, Galvenston), we'll be getting weather from the northeast. Hurricanes, you see, are big swirling CIRCLES.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bayou looks like it's ready for some H20. Thanks for keeping everyone (me) posted! And for God sakes, SAVE THE LIZARD!

posted at 7:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home