Long time...
OK, I know it's been a long, long time since I've posted. I'm a big weiner. A lot has been going on (as you can probably tell from the multiple posts last Friday), and I just haven't taken the time to fill everyone in on what's up.

So, after heading out Friday to volunteer at the Reliant Center, I came home to Dana (whom I had called, requesting she pick up much needed cold beer) and we chilled, ordered some Hunan, and watched TV. The next day was the beginning of her Birthday Extravaganza Weekend©, which didn't end officially until Tuesday (her actual birthday). Saturday she received the Palm Tungsten T5, which I reluctantly got her (who wants to get their wife a Palm Pilot for her birthday?), but she really needed it. Anyway, she got that and a little package for it that included extra stylii (styluses?), screen protectors (ripoff?), a nice leather case, and a car charger. I don't really remember what else we did that day. But she lost the car charger. :)

Sunday, also I don't remember what we did (this was a long time ago, people!). One of those nights we did go out to see The Skeleton Key (pretty good), followed by a screening of Saw when we got home (Netflix, of course).

My highlight of the weekend was going on a ride on Monday. We're not sure exactly how far we went - the route was 31 miles, but we got lost and kind of made it up, but I'm pretty sure it was about a 30-miler (neither of our computers was working at the time). My position on the new bike is changed a bit (higher saddle, lower stem), putting me in a more aero position, but I'm loving the bike so far. As part of our detours we were actually forced to hit a couple dirt "roads" (really just paths that big construction equipment had made in what was otherwise a rocky, grassy field), and we both realized that we needed proper mountain bikes to have a lot of fun bumping around (hehe).

Monday was nice, otherwise. Neither of us really got much done that we'd have liked to (cleaning, straightening up, being productive, etc), but I did take a solo trip to the grocery store and made some dinner a couple nights in there somewhere. I was going to surprise her with the family's secret flank steak marinade (with flank steak, of course) on her birthday, but instead she wanted to go out for sushi (and frankly, I had done a lot of cooking and was ready for a break from the kitchen, as our Hutch-like pile of dirty dishes would attest).

I just remembered. We were going to head to dinner at Mark's on Saturday to celebrate D's birthday (originally she was supposed to work a TSU game, but it was scheduled at Reliant and they cancelled it for obvious reasons), but she fell ill to the stomach. After recovering, we headed to the movie. So that was Saturday. Monday, we also watched a lot of CSI, as there was a Labor Day marathon on Spike that TiVo caught for us.

OK. So, Tuesday, sushi, followed by drinks. She also got MORE birthday presents on Tuesday (I couldn't NOT give her something on her actual birthday). I really am setting myself up for trouble - I spoil her rotten.

Tonight there's another Jeff Davis HS football game - I'll head out there if she can come get me before the game, after work. Otherwise, there's plenty I can do here that I'll probably ignore.

For example, packing. I'll be heading to Oxford this weekend for Homecoming, followed by working next week in Chicago.

And oh, yeah - the job at ABN with IBM is looking pretty good for me. I'm sure we'll have details to work out, but since management is going to stay intact and we're all getting offers, and IBM has a VERY liberal out-of-office work policy that is determined by - surprise - one's managers, I should be fine. Some of the contracts are going to be limited to 6- or 12-months, but frankly that wouldn't be too horrible either. We're going to get the same base salary, IBM has GREAT benefits (including an employee stock purchase plan), and like I said before, a geek like me could do a lot worse than having those three letters on his resume.

OK, back to work for me. Have to have something to show before getting back to the office next week.

Peace out y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home