Update
Well, we're watching the storm roll in like the rest of you (you are watching, right?). I had my first bit of scare earlier today, but it really had nothing to do with the storm - D and I went on a nice long walk (you can read about it at her blog) and about halfway through, on Rice's campus, stopped to play with a dog who was chained up outside. We squatted and then sat down for a little but the dog got distracted so we continued on.

About 15 minutes later, I realized that my BlackBerry wasn't in its holster (and as one of our 4 communication devices once power is out, it's very important to me right now). We figured I just left it at home and walked back for some lunch and to take our last showers, but when we got here it was nowhere to be found. So, I hopped on the bike and rode back to where we had been playing with the puppy - and it was sitting right there.

So with everything charging up, and the threatening limbs trimmed as Dana described, we're all set to go. We've been stockpiling ice so that when the power goes out we can fill up a cooler with stuff we need to keep cold (important things like beer and white wine), and I think as soon as the power does fail we'll put that plan in action.

Come to think of it, I'm going to fill up water bottles now and stick them in the freezer. Can't believe I was just going to fill them with water.

Back to you later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing the dog doesn't like blackberries!

If thats the worst scare you get - I'd be thrilled!

posted at 1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home