Another weekend, another phone interview

Flickr PhotoOK. So last night I'm doing the dishes and Dana gets a phone call. I assume it's Missy, as they've been playing a wicked game of phone-tag lately, but when I come in later to do something (I think I was going to ask if she needed anything or something like that), I realize that she's taking notes, and assume that she's on the phone with the people from the practice at Reno (to whom she sent an email with times to call her).

After she gets off the phone, I realize that she's been talking to someone from the practice in Portland (OR, not ME). We talk for a while afterwards. They want her to come for an interview, but unlike Steamboat it would be on our dime. For now, I think we're going to sit on any decision until after she takes her boards (a week from today), but maintain contact with them. I think that we should field some more calls/opportunities and if, by the time we're headed to Steamboat, the Portland opportunity is in our top three, we'll shoulder the expense of heading out there to check things out.

At this point, the Steamboat practice is far and away our first choice, but that being said, we've only talked now with two different practices. I feel like we owe it to ourselves to at least give some other practices a chance before making any kind of decision. And also keep in mind that we haven't been offered anything at this point - we're just taking the invitation to Steamboat at face value and assuming that they really want Dana to be a part of the practice there.

Anyway, thought I'd check in with an update. I have lots of work to do so I'll try to check in again later but am not promising anything. Possible topic of next entry: how I decided to root for the Sox in the WS (and no, it's not because they're up 2 games to none - I made this decision in the middle of the first game).


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You realize, of course, that lighthouse in in Maine ...

posted at 9:32 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Aah, I just looked up "Portland". Figures. :)

posted at 9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home