BJ would be so proud...
BJ, in honor of your stories (that I am too freaking bothered to look up right now), I decided to post the following:

For those that don't know, I'm back in Chicago to work for this short week (thanks, Columbus). I'm posting, though, because in our 20-some story building I believe I have found the one undiscovered/unused/clean toilet. I met Hutch for lunch today (owed him money from MU Homecoming still), and seeing as it's cold[er] here opted for a cup of chili (yum!). Upon arriving back at work, however, I found myself in the situation that is the logical endgame of eating beans and meat with hot sauce (otherwise known as chili) - I needed to use the facilities.

Remembering a quick discovery I made several months ago (actually, the day before the 24-hour challenge, if it matters), I hit up a hidden bathroom on the mezannine level. Before the buliding's security checkpoint, but still restricted access (need to swipe the badge to get in).

It was immaculate. Pristine, glistening porcelain was there to greet me. I don't know how a handful of "professionals" can soil the four toilets in the men's room on our floor of the building, but without fail by 11am daily they are unusable. This discovery shall remain my secret for the remainder of my time here. I can't have it soiled, and I don't want it to turn out like the roof toilet on Scrubs - that would be a total shame..

4 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

Ahh, yes, the roof toilet. Scrubs is my kind of reality TV. Congrats babe--your discovery of this toilet rivals Columbus's "discovery" of "The New World" in its importance.

posted at 1:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen is so gross.

posted at 6:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the "24 hour challenge" code for the last time you had Taco Bell, Skyline, and McDonalds all in the same day, resulting in the need for the pristine porcelain pantry of perfection (nice JK) this entry is about?

posted at 7:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thing that sucks about working in the library - is that it is OLD. All of the bathrooms are OLD. The one Men's bathroom that is most hidden, is also probably the one most forgotten about when the cleaning people come to clean! Arrgh...

posted at 12:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home