Mr. Sideways
Two things (or more):

1) I have decided to not relay the fish story. The smell is mostly gone and the memories are better left to waste away in my brain.

2) I'm going to try to fix the poll so it doesn't shift everything to the bottom of the right-hand column in IE, but to be honest, it's not a priority to me. Maybe we ("we" as in web developers) should start intentionally breaking sites in IE (so they only work in other browsers) to get people to switch... Hmm... UPDATE: Done. The poll was too wide, I guess. either way, Hutch - SWITCH ALREADY!

3) Told you there might be more than two. Last night brain class was really interesting - we had some professor of Pediatrics, Neurology, Neuroscience, Genetics and something else talk at class, all about Rett Syndrome with a focus on epigenetics (and in particular, DNA methylation)*, which sounds like it's soon to become the new "it" research area in the genetics world. Very cool. Very informative.

4) I did get two phone calls during class, though. The first one from Dana - who called to tell me that our date at the bar after class might have to be delayed becuase of her second phone interview with Steamboat. Without giving too much away, I'll just tell people not to be surprised if sometime in the very near future Dana and I find ourselves (both) in Steamboat to meet the other doctors in the practice. I'll let D tell the story when she has a spare minute (not any time soon!). Judging by the poll results, none of you will be too disappointed with that news. Maybe my next poll will be to see who chose "Oregon". Leading contenders right now are Scott and McK.

*Don't let the big words fool you. I only have the most basic understanding of this stuff..

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't you cross reference the votes with IP addresses?! :)

Trip to Steamboat would rock! See if that plaque is next to the jacuzzi commemorating the union of Dave and Kerri!

posted at 8:26 AM

 
Blogger Hutch said...

I can't install and use Firefox at work, and that's where I do a large portion of my blog reading and web browsing.

posted at 8:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hutch - you don't need to install it at work. Install it at home, copy the contents of the directory onto a USB thumb drive or something - heck zip them and e-mail them to yourself! You can run Firefox without installing it!

posted at 2:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to vote twice (mysteriously, VT and NH were not included), but I got the shock of my life when the woman in the banner ad started yelling at me. yikes

posted at 5:45 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Yeah, I just noticed that it pops up ads too. This freebie poll might be going bye-bye soon.

posted at 9:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly think you should move to nevada so you can join the CSI team.

posted at 9:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home