This week's menu...
So while D was busy studying yesterday, before I put on my editor's hat, there was some grocery shopping that needed to get did.

We had the "very" urgent list all made up (I can't find a screenshot of our grocery list paper, but when I do it's getting linked), and I decided to make a "menu" of our dinners for the week. So, here goes:

Sunday
Leftover (frozen, homemade) pizza.
Also: make Irish Soda Bread for the week (breakfast, yummy)

Monday
Grilled Swordfish steak w/Balsamic butter sauce (house favorite)
Asparagus (grilled, with balsamic vinegar marinade)
Wild rice

Tuesday
Fresh Maine seafood (wedding gift either arriving this Tuesday or next)
OR Chicken tettrazini (if seafood doesn't arrive)
WITH Twice-baked potatoes

Wednesday
Tacos! (I have class Wednesday nights, so I wanted to keep it simple since we won't be eating together)

Thursday
Chicken Tetrazzini (if we don't have it Tuesday)
OR Every-Fitz-for-him/herself. D has a foosball game on Thursday

Friday
Fried Chicken (homemade, of course!)
Irish Mashed Potatoes (think garlic mashed with some Irish flavor - NO, not whiskey!)

Not only do we have a pretty full menu, but there's enough here for plenty of leftovers AND I somehow got out of the grocery store spending LESS than usual. Remarkable what cooking at home can do...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What class are you taking on wednesday's?

posted at 1:17 PM

 
Blogger Hutch said...

I'm so hungry reading that. I must learn to cook, and clean, and bathe....

posted at 3:33 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Dave, it's my brain class.

posted at 12:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that dave finally registered that domain name he has been wanting! :)

At least we know what he is having for dinner!

posted at 12:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home