Gratuitous third post in seven minutes
For all you Christmas shoppers out there, I gave in after the family left and purchased another (new, smaller) PlayStation2. This means that my Amazon wishlist now has a bunch of games on it that I either missed out on because I was planning a wedding/without a PS2, or games I just realized would be really cool.

Dana and I have been up way too late the last two nights catching up on our need to play Silent Hill 3, and her vigor for the game has almost convinced me that anyone (me?) can get her a copy of Resident Evil 4 for Christmas and she would actually enjoy receiving it, even though she mostly just tells me what to do while I control things in SH3. But I REALLY hate zombies and I think you get to kill a holy hell of a lot of them in RE4, so anyone who wants to make Dana happy can get that for her for XMas.

Yeah. For her. I swear.

I've been catching up on not only SH3 but also Katamari Damacy and Dana has already put more time into Amplitude than I have thus far. I might be in trouble. And now that Mikey has it as well, he's challenged me to an online duel. He is so going down.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still contemplating a PS2... would love to get into GT4! Does this one have a ethernet controller built in? To think that you lost the original PS2 that you PRE-ORDERED, how long ago was it?!

posted at 2:37 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Yeah, ETH is now built-in. It is crazy that my launch-day PS2 was still working when it left us. Too bad my memory cards went with it. :(

If you can wait, there are still rumors that Sony is contemplating dropping the price for the holidays, but I think if they were going to do that they'd have done it already. There are probably a bunch of used PS2s available at places like GameSpot, though - people who hawked their old machines to get their hands on a 360..

Also - some games put out a progressive signal now (don't think all do, but maybe?!) - something else to look into.

posted at 2:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater. Just as addicting as MGS2.

posted at 4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home