HNY
Dana and I have been pretty silent over the last several days as the holidays bowled us over and we've only had a few days to recover before having to prep for our trip to the Northwest. Last night I went up in our attic (little more than a small room for the heater/AC unit), and pulled down our dusty snowboards and packed-up winter clothes for our trip to the snow (FWIW, Dana's coat is missing, but she's got a worthy replacement).

The weather looks to be pretty fair in Bend for our trip - 20s-40s the whole time - so we shouldn't have to dresss too warmly. We're there Friday through Monday (our flight Monday leaves at 12:40), so I've got a good three days with nothing to do but have dinner on Friday night with Dana and her interviewers. Obviously we'll be finding something to do for NYE, and maybe I'll make that my job while looking around town on Friday (along with finding someplace that will wax Dana's board).

Overall, I'm excited about the possibilities in Bend - it sounds and looks like a fantastic place that is not only really neat, but has a lot to offer. And we finally watched the DVD that came with the info package the Bend clinic sent us - and while it was cheesy, it was pretty well produced and gave some good insight into the clinic itself. Seems very modern and, well, good.

Otherwise, we've had some mixed news in the last few days. It seems as though we won't be moving to Portland (I'll leave it at that), but more importantly, Dana has been fielding reports that the Steamboat practice is calling her references - a very positive sign, considering they began calling last week when their final interview is/was (presumably) this week - if you're going to cross your fingers for us, this is the weekend to do it!

Other than that, we had a great Christmas. Being with the family was great, as always, but I had to drop the bomb that I would no longer be coming back once a month for work - there's just really no need for me to do that.

But I got a SWEET new jersey that I'll have to get back on the bike to truly enjoy (see here for an approximation - the one she got me is long-sleeve); a new GPS toy that will be coming with us to Bend (hopefully I'll have some sweet data mapped up for you after we return so you can see all the runs we did on the mountain!), and other awesome new goodies. (my new favorite PS2 game evar)

But for now I have to get back to work. Our flight today leaves at 5:50ish and with our big board carrier we'll have to get there pretty early. Luckily it shouldn't be as crazy crowded as it was last week. But our 2.5 hour layover in Portland should give us ample time to.. well.. whatever it is people do between flights in airports.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Dana good luck and have a great NYE!

posted at 11:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home