SORE! (See what I'm talking about)
Doing my google image search, I came up with and wanted to use this image (may not be safe for work, depends on your work), but decided that some of my more sensitive readers may not like looking at... well, it's not that bad. Nothing they couldn't show on late-night network TV, I think...

Anyway, I wanted to post for two reasons: one, to get Mikey's post off the top of my page (after all, the Texans actually won yesterday, and how can I post about Cincy and and not the Texans?).. And two, the real reason for the post, was to let my dear readers know how freaking sore I am today. D and I just got a gym membership (sorely needed, I'm afraid), and I kicked my own ass the other day (we went to the gym together, and I'm both proud and surprised to be able to share the fact that I can lift more than she can). But we're paying for our efforts now.

Hopefully today I can sneak out for a while (still have some XMas errands to run) and get a workout in...

Also, D just went to pick up the car (we were car-free all weekend, so stayed pretty close to home) from the shop, and she's driving it out to bumble today for work. I'm waiting on a report to see how much it cost and how it's now driving. Wish us some luck.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Haven't been back to the gym since! D'OH!

Good luck with the car - its a Honda - I'm sure it'll be fine!

posted at 8:49 AM

 
Blogger Hutch said...

NEED to start running again. With the bitter cold and holiday laziness, I have ran or worked out only one day this month. Ugh!

posted at 8:34 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

Look out Fargo! Here comes Hutch!

I didn't mean to give the impression that it was the first time I had been back to the gym (yesterday marked the fourth time in a week) - it was my first day lifting again. Ouch.

I'm trying to build back up slowly (like I always say, then I dive headfirst and go too fast and burn out). Anyway, I've been working on the elliptical for an hour each time in the gym (with the exception of the day D and I went to go lift) - after another week or so of that (holidays screw that stuff up, you know), I'll get on the treadmill/running outside. And the first week of January, Masters Swimming starts at Rice (still have to sign up, still have to find a girdle so I can be seen publicly with no shirt on).

posted at 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Dana said...

Lucky for you I got you a girdle for Christmas!

posted at 9:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home