Spare me. (See what I'm talking about)
Our country/world is going to shit and this is what people decide to protest? PLEASE!

The next Gallup poll is going to divulge the secret that most men don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE NOT MAKING OTHER PEOPLE SICK!

Guess what, poll respondents? You might want to sit down for this one... NOT EVERYONE IN OUR SECULAR COUNTRY IS CHRISTIAN! Horrors!

And guess what, pollsters? Just because I happen to like it when someone says "Merry Christmas", and I may even prefer to hear that over "happy holidays"... IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT PEOPLE SHOULD STOP SAYING HAPPY HOLIDAYS, TO THE EXCLUSION OF THE OTHER 40% OF THE POPULATION!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you tell them!

posted at 2:49 PM

 
Blogger Cap said...

I love when polls are split just about 50-50 and they say there is a margin of error of 7%. So you're telling me that your poll means absolutely nothing and that this could go either way. Thank you for wasting my time pollsters, I will now stick my head in the oven.

posted at 2:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.salon.com/comics/boll/2005/12/15/boll/story.gif

posted at 3:35 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Word. When you say Merry Christmas you are basically telling that person that you hope their New Year's will suck more ass than Brokeback Mountain.

"Happy Holidays" is really not for the non-Christians, it is for the lazy people that don't want to have to say "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

posted at 8:45 PM

 
Blogger Hutch said...

The best reference to this was on the Daily Show last week. They showed clips of our favorite O'Reilly character asking, within the same interview, how two simple words ("Merry Christmas!") could *ever* be offensive to anyone, before later saying that he and all Christians are mortally offended by the words "Happy Holidays!" I rest my case.

posted at 8:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come no one wishes me a happy festivus anymore?

posted at 11:10 AM

 
Blogger DAFischer said...

Wow, I just went on a rant about this very same topic on a friend's blog. Damn straight I'm going to say Merry Christmas! I'm christian and this is a free country. If someone doesn't celebrate Christmas and I tell them Merry Christmas, then they are free to tell me they don't celebrate Christmas. I, in turn, will say "Happy Holidays then". I'm all about being polite, but I sure as hell am not going to tip-toe around everything that may come out of my mouth because of all this PC BS! Merry Christmas to you and Dr. Sideways :)

posted at 11:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home