Post 474 (See what I'm talking about)
Well, went to my first early-morning swim today and it went much better than Saturday's did - Saturday I started out in the wrong lane (we are placed in lanes based on how fast we're swimming), but today I started in the right one (the last one, as a matter of fact) and I didn't burn out and felt pretty good the entire time.

Of course, I'm pooped now, but that's what coffee is for, right? There's something nice about getting home at the same time I woke up yesterday and knowing that I had already exercized for 75 minutes. I had a moderately-sized breakfast and am off to a good start, but I'm running out of coffee and it hasn't quite kicked in yet (on my second tall mug but there isn't any left after that). We might need a lunchtime power-nap today.

Oh - and before I forget I thought I'd throw down the reference to Explodingdog.com, where I've gotten the images for this post and the one yesterday. Great stuff..

And if you can tell by the title, this is my 474th post to the blog - pretty good, I say!

Hopefully this new Tuesday/Thursday schedule (swimming at 6) will get Dana and I in the habit of going to bed earlier. I know that at the very least it's going to make me more tired. :)

OK, I should really get back to work. The other benefit of getting the workout in first thing in the morning is I don't have to spend the rest of the day worrying about getting it done. I was thinking about heading to the gym to lift this afternoon, but I think I'm going to wait on that one for a while - until I get more used to my new schedule. But I'm basically working out every day, which feels good (and is totally necessary - I've gained a lot of weight and am sick of it). Maybe more later...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read "I've pooped now - but thats what coffee is for"

lol

Keep it up! Much easier to do it if you stay on schedule! Speaking of - heading to the gym tonight!

posted at 10:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

call your parents

posted at 10:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had the drive to get up and work out in the morning. I already get up at 6:00am and that is a struggle.

posted at 12:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That previous post was from JK.

posted at 12:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waking up next to BJ would be a struggle for anybody... except for Dave...

posted at 1:28 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

It is hard to get out of bed with me...I am that irresistible...just ask all of your moms.

posted at 6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home