Random stuff...
Really, this picture has nothing to do with this post at all, but the 2600 was a sweet rig so it gets up there.

I don't really have anything in particular to write about, actually. So here are some random thoughts/things going on/etc.
  • Too bad about the Bears, but I'm happy the Steelers won (plus, Peyton Manning was acting like a baby who lost his toy, so I was happy to see him go down). Overall, I'd love to see the Broncos take it all though - after all, they're going to be my new team..
  • Had some good dinners this past week that have made for some wicked good leftovers, with only one dinner that didn't turn out great: pork and turkey chili (still have a ton left over in the freezer), ham and chicken lasagna, and the beefy cheese and noodle bake (all thanks to *ahem* Dana's subscription to Cooking Light). The cheesy beef and noodle bake (not really sure what the name was) probably won. Also whipped up my imitation Southport Lanes Southwestern Chicken Salad which was awesome.
  • Also made some mad salsa with some chipotle chilis I had leftover from the chili recipe, so mashed that up with my typical salsa and added some black beans and other goodness for what might be the best salsa I've made yet.
  • The long weekend was nice, but I ended up working about 5 hours yesterday to get this stuff live for work that I had been slacking on. Launched last night and only one (very minor) problem today, which is pretty sweet considering how advanced (and new!) everything I was doing with it is.
  • Been on the trainer 3-4 times since I got it set up last week, put D's green bike back together (and fixed the squeaky breaks! - so she could get to and from her marathon coverage), and even hopped on the fixie for a while as well, which felt good.
  • Have been very productive at work lately - hopefully a sign of things to come. I've been working hard AND getting results, which is a good feeling.

A special note: the whole cooking frenzy is because after getting back from Christmas we had yet to go shopping until last week (the trip to Bend over NYE really screwed things up too), but represents a desire on my and D's part to be more healthy AND spend less money - we had been spending a fortune eating out WAY too much, which typically means not eating as healthily also.

OK. I'm going to sign off now because I'm even boring myself, but I want to throw one more thing out there: every day I'm getting more and more pumped about the move to Steamboat. It's going to be so awesome, I just can't wait. And not just awesome in the whole "sweet ski resort" kind of thing - I'm really excited to live in a smaller town with CLEAN AIR(!) and NO TRAFFIC(!) and such a collection of cool people. I'm not even getting down about the home prices anymore, because it doesn't even matter. If we rent for a year or so we'll be set as far as a downpayment would go, and... well.... I just feel really lucky to be able to move to such a cool place. I really think it's going to work out.

Will I miss the "big city"? I'm sure, at times, I will. But it's not like Denver is SO far away - and that's the price of living in such a cool place to begin with - it's a trade-off either way, and I just feel that a small town with so much to offer (a town like Steamboat) is a perfect fit for me.

And it'll be great to have better pictures up on my blog than any of you other suckers on a consistent basis, constantly luring you all out to visit us... :)

4 Comments:

Blogger B.J. said...

Your team is going to be the Broncos just because you move close to there? Lame.

Food sounds good. I get home before Jen now, so I have been the cook...with mixed results so far. I have no imagination for food, whatever is on the recipe, that is what I do...which I usually f up anyway.

posted at 5:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or at least ACTUAL pics of things instead of doing the usual google search! ;)

Did you ever get the digital camera fixed?!

posted at 2:04 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

Buying a new shutter button assembly is on my list.... we just don't have any money right now.

posted at 2:21 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

We had chicken and ham lasagna this week, too, from the Cooking Light magazine. It was a winner in our house. I will have to check out the cheesy noodle bake.

posted at 6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home