Fortune Mag: Timberland (See what I'm talking about)
I'm not going to feel guilty for blogging all these things I've read this morning - I had to wake up early to fix a work problem.

So, as a finale to my blog-entry-trio this morning, I thought I'd say that I like this idea Timberland has of putting "Impact labels" on their products listing energy consumed in the manufacture, environmental impact associated with that manufacture, etc. 5% renewable energy isn't exactly something to write home about, but I imagine it's better than most manufacturers out there, and any disclosure is good. Hopefully Timberland's competitors step up and we start to see a lot more of this kind of thing.

Originally I wouldn't have clicked through on the CNN link, but since Timberland just bought a company in Steamboat (Smartwool), and I heard people there were worried about a fairly significant employer heading out of town, that it might be related.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hutch said...

I love my Smartwool socks. Damn big corporate entities taking over small town operations!

posted at 8:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is pretty cool! I guess you have to take the manufacturer's word on it though... but cool nonetheless1

posted at 10:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home