HUNGRY
So, Dana and I didn't have dinner last night in favor of Velveeta-chili dip (the chili I made a couple weeks ago and froze has been thawed) - it was delicious, but it was hardly a "complete dinner", and as a result I'm starving right now. Well, as a result of skipping dinner in favor of chips and dip, and my having just finished the marinade for tonight's flank steak ("secret" Fitzgerald marinade recipe). By the time I was rinsing out the bowl I made the marinade in, my stomach started to really complain. Wow, will it be good tonight. Yum!

We're sure to have leftovers, and the picture above looked appetizing enough to make me consider flank steak breakfast burritos tomorrow morning. Oh, but I have swimming.. Maybe I'll make them Wednesday - we'll see. Otherwise, I might just have a flank steak wrap for lunch tomorrow... We'll see.

In other news, our eating/cooking lives have recently been complicated by the fact that our disposal isn't working any more (horrors!), and the kitchen sink has been draining pretty slowly as a result of that (though we have been pretty successful in no longer throwing food down the sink, which I think helps).

This weekend was the most productive in a long time. So as not to bore you, I'll list off my accomplishments in bullet form (and this should make them seem a lot less impressive at the same time, thus making myself feel bad for your enjoyment). So, in no chronological order:
  • got a new tire put on the CRV's spare wheel,
  • bought locking lugnuts for the CRV's spare wheel (the reason we needed another one was becuase the original was stolen, oh, a year ago at least),
  • cleaned the bathroom. REALLY cleaned it,
  • did all the dishes (seems like no large feat, until you realize they hadn't been cleaned in a long, long time
  • fixed the antenna in the CRV,
  • fixed the latch on the glovebox in the CRV (notice a theme here?),
  • Saw a movie (The Matador, 3/5 stars),
  • 90-minute swim,
  • 80-minute ride,
  • grocery shopping,
  • made killer dip for the Superbowl,
  • Made a Home Depot run for stuff to make a bench (long story) but ended up just buying a little pin for our snowboard carrier since the TSA stole our old one.

Overall, not too much a failure of a weekend.

Then watched the game with D last night (wasn't too enthralled - I feel like Seattle mostly outplayed Pittsburgh but couldn't close the deal, had some pretty dumb penalties, but I wanted the Steelers to win anyway so it didn't really matter), and the commercials pretty much all stunk (biggest duds: Burger King dancer girls and the weird Empire Nuts or whatever that was for). Anything with monkeys usually wins, the Bud commercial with the "streaker" was pretty good, and there was one that Dana and I decided would have been Mikey's favorite but we can't remember which. Something with animals, I think, but I don't remember it now.

OK, that's the end of this long ramble. And now it's 10:59 so I can eat! I have a weird, unwritten rule that it's wrong to eat before 11, but after 11 anything is fair game.

Later!

2 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

Memory edit: the "Magic Fridge" was pretty good, and the MacGuyver spot was pretty funny too.

posted at 12:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a decroded piece of crap!

[which probably means is tastes awesome.]

posted at 8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home