It might finally be time (See what I'm talking about)
Now that I found this (WARNING: PDF link, just look at the pretty picture above if you're not really interested), I finally feel confident enough to open up the camera and try to fix it. (Sending it TO Canon would cost $$$, and is a lot less geeky). I found the replacement part (see the "see what I'm talking about") link, but dang it's not cheap. But it IS decidedly cheaper than buying an entirely new camera. And we DO need it for the Florida wedding in March..

So, time for me to get a jeweler's screwdriver (itsy-bitsy) and bust this thing open! Thank you, Canon, for making a camera that I can take apart with a screwdriver.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want pictures documenting this project... and to make things more interesting, you HAVE to use the Canon to take them! ;)

Good luck!

posted at 9:35 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

I spent a little bit of time thinking about how I could accomplish this with mirrors and such, before realizing it would be a BAD idea to take the thing apart with the battery still in it. :) Maybe next time.

posted at 11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home