Last Night's Dinner (UPDATED) (See what I'm talking about)
Beer Can Chicken!
So last night I cooked my first "TV" recipe - of course, I had heard of Beer Can Chicken before, and I can't say the thought of it didn't appeal to me, but I never thought to actually give it a try.

Until I saw them do it on my newest TiVo addition, Ham on the Street (I think I was initially intrigued by the name). A dumb, but fun cooking show - and only 30 minutes long!

The recipe, quick and simple, yielded one freaking tasty chicken. I'd give it a strong 4/5 stars. I think Dana would give it a strong 2. She wasn't really enamored with the idea of picking apart her own half chicken, I think. (and to think she loves hot wings so much! Maybe because someone else already pulled them off for her.)

The rub was EXCELLENT. VERY tasty.

Either way, I loved it and will make it again. Someday.

And whole chickens are not expensive!

And they take it in the butt (see a video of our chicken doing just that here NOTE: For some reason the video isn't working. Sorry.)

And wouldn't you know it, the only beer they sold in a can at Whole Foods was PBR. :)

UPDATE: Lame YouTube video embed below.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Video doesn't work? Upload to YouTube and embed! ;)

Looks... interesting!

I take it this can only be done on the grill?

posted at 10:29 AM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Jen makes a few meals using beer, but never tried this chicken thing. If it was good with a PBR, imagine how good it would be with a Budweiser.

posted at 11:05 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

It can be made in the oven as well.

posted at 11:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video looks like it belongs in Napoleon Dynamite. "Do the chickens have large talons?"

posted at 1:46 PM

 
Blogger Dana said...

I really just wanted four fried chickens and a coke.

posted at 1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home