First ride of the year (See what I'm talking about)

You know you live in Texas when the food provided after a ride is chili cheese dogs. (they look tasty, but weren't that good unfortunately).

Yes, it's nice enough to be out riding down here. I decided at the last minute to head out on this ride today (only a 33-miler) after hearing earlier in the week from an old Fraternity buddy (Duggan) about a ride we'll be doing in April - so he joined me this morning and we headed out to Baytown for the Gator Ride. No, we didn't see any gators, sadly. I did, however, see lots and lots of oil rigs and refineries. I finally felt like I lived in Houston.

Nothing special about the ride (short of the chili dogs). I felt really strong, and it's one of the first "real" rides I've taken with the new bike (which is such a beautiful thing..). Also, got a new rack for the car this week that was well-reviewed and didn't make us buy a whole system from Yakima or Thule (or get a hitch installed on the car) - good news all around.

Having felt strong today, I decided I'm going to attack the hilly 40-mile route outside of town next week. Even if I can't prepare myself physically for the mountains of Colorado, I'm going to be damn sure to have a killer cycling tan by the time we get there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange.. your feed didn't update my reader until today! Hmm...

Congrats on the first ride! My free pass at Bally's ends on the 11th... so I need to take advantage while I can!a

posted at 11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home