Post 500: MG dinner exposed (See what I'm talking about)

OK, holy crap was dinner last night good. Dana was totally skeptical (though she hid her skepticism very well, I must say), but we ate the shit out of the crawfish etouffee I made.

So, in honor of Mardi Gras, I decided to make my favorite cajun dish, etouffee. I've only made it once before (with Bally; long, long ago), and that time with shrimp. And a published recipe. This time I decided to take the risk of going with an "internet" recipe (Just some dude from Louisiana's recipe online), and it was killer. I have to admit, it was only OK at first, but after adding the hot sauce it was PERFECT. SOOOO good. The top picture is all the ingredients, pre-cooking. Below is the finished dish (with my yummy Fontina/Onion/Beer bread in place of the more traditional cornbread).

Best meal so far of the year, hands down.

In the picture album, you'll see ingredients for pesto pictured. That has nothing to do with this meal (I'm making pesto-chicken salad for lunches later in the week. Hopefully will have it in time for D to come home today - shouldn't take long). I found myself without enough basil, so I had to prematurely postpone the pesto prep.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh... we should come up with some way of doing an on-line iron chef with bloggers! :)

Looks yummy!

posted at 1:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I am sure it tastes good, it looks like something I left in the cage last night.

posted at 7:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home