Steamboat Oscar commentary (See what I'm talking about)
Don't know why I thought this was post-worthy, but, well, I do. D and I watched the Oscars last night (actually started to watch, then decided to pause it and watch something else for an hour so we could fast forward through all the BS we didn't care about - TiVo has paid for itself over and over and over again). Anyway, I decided that Dolly Parton is the most plastic person in Hollywood. And she's not even IN Hollywood! (Figure that one out). Below, find some of the colorful commentary found in today's Today.

Dolly Parton on Sunday night acknowledged the designer of her clutch. For the uninitiated, a clutch is a really small handbag, not much bigger than a paperback book. They're barely big enough for a lipstick tube, but in Hollywood, they are encrusted with sapphires.

I can guarantee you that Dolly paid more for the clutch she clutched at the Oscars than you or I would have to pay for new skis, boots and bindings. Heck, we could probably add a GoreTex powder shell and a pair of mountaineering pants, and still not top the tab for Dolly's clutch.

But that's Hollywood.

And this is Steamboat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home