SXSW 2006 downloads (FREE MUSIC) (See what I'm talking about)
Being in TX this year, I am aware that SXSW (South by Southwest) is going on in Austin this coming weekend, but since we'll be out of town I gave it little mind.

But today while working I decided to reduce the size of my "unplayed music" playlist, much of which consists of music from SXSW 05 (I can't find the post from last year where I linked to the free music d/ls). I went to the SXSW site to find out about downloading the music for this year's show that's offered, but only found individual listings, and I wasn't about to download everything individually.

But in the interest of you, my loyal readers, I did locate a link to two TORRENTs of the collected free tracks (and movie trailers, if you're interested), here.

I can't get the first torrent to work for some reason (713 free songs), but I am currently working on the second (229 free songs). I will not be making these available to download from me, so you can forget about asking (I don't have that much space for you people!). But go ahead and get the TORRENTs. And if you don't know what a torrent is, there is a link on the page that should help you.

Now download away! And seed that first one so I can get it and reload my "Never heard" playlst!

UPDATE: I downloaded the new version of bittorrent here and that solved my problem with attempting to download the first link. I think. I just got it started and walked away, but it didn't error out. I think right now it's concentrating on DLing the second package, and then will move on to the first. We'll see. Either way, it's going to take a LONG TIME.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damnit, i have so many frineds there now for the interactive 7 im suck in nyc. blah. i want a spring break.

posted at 9:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HIGHLY reccomend uTorrent client. Its less than 200k and doesn't take up any memory on the computer. Never had any problems with it!

posted at 11:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home