Transformation: COMPLETE (frackin' a!)
For some reason I feel like I haven't blogged in FOREVER, even though it's only been three days. And I know I still owe y'all a proper rodeo post (my best three pictures have been up at flickr since Saturday).. I'll get to it.

Anyway, that's not the purpose of this post. The purpose of this post is to announce that my transformation of Dana into a Geek is now complete. After completing her second full episode (which sadly happened to be the season finale), Dana is now sufficiently addicted to Battlestar Galactica. She tried and tried to make fun of me (and it) but I withstood her (baseless) taunting silently, knowing full well that some day she would be too tired to fight and not tired enough to fall asleep, and watch an episode. It's the same way it happened to me (thanks, Scott). After the first episode you're interested enough to watch once more, and after that, the hooks are WAY too deep in you.

I realize I'm talking about a show that - to those who haven't seen it - probably seems like a cheap Star Wars/Star Trek knockoff. And in the 70's, it was. But today's show is really the bomb.

For those of you who know me from back in my X-Files days ("RULE!"), you know how much I like it when my show is interrupted. But there's just so much backstory in BSG that for Dana's first two episodes I had to repeatedly pause the show just to explain to her what was going on.

And after the season finale got cut off in the last two minutes (SERIOUSLY, TiVo, WTF?), she made me go straight to iTunes to buy it. (What an ending!!!! Seriously!!!) And now the mini-series pilot (which I never saw) and Series one (most of which I've never seen) are now in our Netflix queue so she/we can catch up on the backstory before next season.

So seriously (no, really, I mean it) - if you have the slightest inkling of desire, check it out. You won't be disappointed.

And you get over the fracking cursing pretty quickly.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! :)

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, actually... I ended up getting some episodes of Firefly after we went to see it and enjoyed them quite a bit! Katty, on the otherhand, didn't at all! hehe..

posted at 9:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started watching the show earlier this year, and got Karen hooked shortly there after. I watched the original mini-series when it first came out, and while it was good, it was no where near as good as the show is now.

I like how they use frack, but they're starting to use it way to much now. I'm expecting someone to say "Get the frack out of my frackin way or I'll frackin' kick your frackin' frack" soon. Seriously, it's like the Marclar episode from Southpark.

posted at 12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the frack? I got suckered into watching it on Monday night at Dave's. Suprisingly, I didn't like it. I couldn't figure out why only one person had what appeared to be a fishbowl on their head and the other's did not! Dave had to inform me that it was a helmut of sorts, but couldn't come up with the reason why one had it and other's did not. I do like the president though, who I think was the first lady in "Independence Day."

posted at 2:20 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

A) I have no idea what you're talking about with the fishbowl. (Maybe I'll have to re-watch it to see if I can figure out what you're talking about). Assuming, of course, that you were watching last Friday's episode...

B) Dave watches it? Well, that's hardly an endorsement I want on my side, but I guess the more the merrier.

C) It's not surprising you didn't like it your first time. I was kind of ambivalent. But that day they had a marathon into which I got suckered, and I've been an addict ever since. Give it time.

posted at 2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana, the exact thing happened to me. I was all "Ooh Erik is a nerd because he watches Battlestar Ga-dork-tica" and now I am addicted to the show.

I still refuse to watch Stargate.

posted at 5:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me amend my previous comment to say that Erik is in fact not a nerd, and I am a super huge dorkimus maximus.

posted at 6:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After visiting last summer I caught most of the second season. Great show though still confused on some of the past stuff. I thought it was really interesting way to end the season.

Keri's reference was to Starbuck and a pilot. The pilot had a full helmet on while flying to the new planet but Starbuck didn't. I think I came up with the pilot may need oxygen more. I have no idea.

Also Keri could watch it a hundred times and still never like it. She made it through the first 45 minutes of LOTR TFOTR before stating that she has been watching it for hours.

posted at 9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home