Go Cubs Go! (Updated) (See what I'm talking about)

Opening Day is here at last!

I've prepped for the season by hanging our flag to show our Cubbie delusion pride and bit the bullet and paid the $15 for the streaming gameday audio at mlb.com - it'll be nice and easy to listen while working, and it should keep me from getting tempted to order the DirecTV season ticket (which is not cheap). TiVo is still programmed to record anything Cubs-related, and we're all set to beat the Reds in today's opener.

And some schmuck is throwing out the first pitch. Ah, well. What can you do?

Hopefully this year we'll have more occasion to hang the "W" flag this year.

UPDATE: I just made my annual $20 bet with Chris Gongola that Griffey will go on the DL before the All-Star break. The first year I made the bet, Griff had already been on and then off the DL before I made the bet. And I still won. Two years ago, Griffey did me a big favor - he went on the DL the DAY BEFORE the break, but last year I think I lost the bet. I'm feeling confident this year, though. Some time in there, after the break we made it a double-or-nothing bet, and we evened out. As you can see, I'm confused about who has won and who hasn't in the past. But if Griffey gets injured, doesn't EVERYBODY win? :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark you will probably win the Griffey on the DL bet. He played in the World Baseball Classic so expect an early season injury. Griffey sucks. So do the Indians for loosing to the Sox. But I still love them anyway.

posted at 10:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, got to the office today and Eric is streaming the game over MLB.com. Don't need to subscribe to hear it now! ;)

Cubbies aren't doing too bad so far! ;)

posted at 12:36 PM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

The radio commentators are better than the TV one anyways! But we actually get WGN through DirecTV (Channel 307). I was pretty excited when I discovered that.

Zambrano is definitely struggling today.

posted at 1:17 PM

 
Blogger B.J. said...

Cubs suck...but not nearly as much as the Reds.

posted at 6:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

booooooo

Game 2 here we come. Go Reds!

posted at 7:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home