Holy shit it's hot.
Yeah, I know - I rarely use profanity in my post titles, but really. HOLY SHIT, IT'S HOT. D and I were outside yesterday from about 4:30-5:30 to pick up my packet for the MS150 at Memorial Park (free beer and sandwiches! Um, awesome!), and on our way there (and back) we were faced with crazy traffic due to lights out at intersections (just at rush hour in Houston. Bunch of geniuses, I tell you!).

But today, I discover this and this, hence my post title. Today we're expected to be one degree away from record heat.

Personally, I think that Houston is protesting our leaving. Let it. We are SO out of here. In Steamboat today, it's going to get all the way up to 40! Now I'd prefer something in the middle, but hey, it's still spring. In fact, this would be record heat for Steamboat in the height of summer! Craziness.

2 Comments:

Blogger DAFischer said...

Awwww, I was there too and at the same time. We could have dehydrated together :o)

posted at 12:16 PM

 
Blogger mark said...

I promise: we'll make up for it tonight.

posted at 12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home